WELCOME to the Parentingideas Schools community!
You are in great company as over 1,500 schools are currently enjoying the benefits of Parentingideas membership.
The friendly team at Parentingideas look forward to helping you in the important job of building strong parent-school partnerships.
Below is a step-by-step 'guided tour' of the Parentingideas Schools website.
Parenting Ideas Information
To start using your Schools Membership go to www.parentingideasschools.com.au
Your username and password are:
In this section you will find our articles and videos that can be used in a number of ways:
- The most recent articles are featured on the 'Helping Parents' webpage; PDF format and Word documents, plus images you can attach with the article.
- Online Education Centre includes previously published articles. Simply type a key word into the search bar to see all relevant articles.
- Cannot find an article on your topic of choice? Simply email or phone us and we will endeavour to research and write an article if we don't already have one available.
- Fortnightly email updates will alert you to the latest topics and resources available to you.
In this section you will find our professional development resources, which are designed specifically to enable you to build strong parent relationships.
These resources are arranged under four important areas:
Each area has a range of topics with a video, a professional development article, and a workshop for you to conduct at a staff meeting or other forum.
Fortnightly updates will alert you to the latest topics, two new topic areas will be added each term, and all previously published topics can easily be found under each area heading.
There are also individual programs designed for graduate teachers,classroom teachers and school leaders to complete online. Each program takes a maximum of three hours.
Here are some suggestions for using these resources:
- Principal, Deputy Principal or Professional Development Coordinator can print off articles as handouts for all staff.
- A staff member can run a workshop for a year level, subject group or whole school group.
- Use the video as the discussion point, and simply follow the facilitator's notes.
- Hold a professional development day and incorporate some of these key topics.
- Encourage staff to undertake individually on an as-needs basis.
We believe SchoolTV can make a positive impact and change lives through this digital wellness platform, perhaps even save a life.Spread the word! The best marketing tool in the world is word of mouth. Spread the news and start talking to others about SchoolTV. Talk to your friends, family and especially colleagues at other schools and get them involved.